INFORMATION OF WORKERS ORGANISATIONS IN DEVELOPING A SUSTAINABLE AND RESPONSIBLE TOURISM IN THE MEDITERRANEAN AREA.1ST EUROPEAN CONFERENCE OF SOUTHERN EUROPE TOURISM TRADE UNIONS
Wednesday, 28 September
Arrival, welcome of participants and joint dinner at the hotel at 21:30 hours
First day: Thursday,29 September 2005
08.45 am Registration of the participants
09.00 am Presentation of the project
(Nicos Epistithiou, General Secretary OEXEV SEK)
09.15 am Introduction of participants
09.30 am National reports on seasonality: the impact on economy and employment (max 10 minutes) Presentation by the participants.
11.30 am Coffee break
11.45 am Official ceremony: Welcome speech by OEXEV SEK General Secretary , Nicos Epistithiou
- Greetings from the Assistant General Secretary of SEK (Cyprus Workers Confederation) Mr.Nicos Moyseos.
-Greetings from the General Secretary of (European Federation of Food, Agriculture end Tourism Trade Unions) E.F.F.A.T, Mr. Harald Wiedenhofer by Mrs Kerstin Howald Tourism Sector Secretary
- Greetings from the General Secretary of(International Union of Food, Agricultural, HOTEL, Restaurant, Catering, Tobacco and Allied Workers' Associations) IUF Mr. Ron Oswald by Mr.Patrick Dalban Moreynas Tourism Sector Coordinator.
- Greetings from the Ministry of Labour of the Republic of Cyprus Mr. Christos Taliadoros
-Greetings and opening of the Conference by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism, of the Republic of Cyprus Mr. George Lillikas
13.00 pm Lunch
14.00 pm Seasonality: the impact on economy and employment, contributions from the participants
15.00 pm National reports on economic migration (max 10 minutes) Presentation by the participants,
16.00 pm Coffee break
16.30 pm Economic migration: contributions from the participants
18.30 pm End of the first day
Second day: Friday 30 September 2005
09.30 am Survey on the multinationals companies in the Tourism sector operating in the Mediterrenean area.
Chairs and introduction, Laila Castaldo, Expert
11.00 am Coffee break
11.30 am The role of Social Dialogue in Tourism multinationals companies, presented by Mr, Valter Surian, CFDT France.
13.00 pm Lunch
14.00 pm Round table: "Role of the Social Dialogue in promoting a responsible and sustainable Tourism in the Mediterranean countries. Chairs Nicos Epistithiou
- Mr. Patrick Dalban Moreynas IUF representative, International
- Mr. Fernando Medina, FECOHT CC.OO, Spain, Focusing on the Mediterrenean area.
- Mr. Robert Lanquar, representative of WTO (World Tourism Organisation),
- Mrs.kerstin Howald, Representative of(European Federation of Food, Agriculture end Tourism Trade Unions) E.F.F.A.T,
- Mr. Nicos Georgiades, Director of Environment Department, Ministry of Agriculture Natural Resources and Environment,
- Mrs Phoebe Katsouri, Director of the Cyprus Tourism Organisation.
16.00 pm Coffee brake
18.00 pm Discussion and adoption of the political document to be presented during the Tourism conference in Malta.
18.30 pm End of the second day.
Third day: Saturday 1 October 2005
9.00 am Round table: The key challenger of the Tourism sector: mobility, migration, EUROPASS:
Chairs and introduction by Emilio Fargnoli, UILTuCS, Italy.
One concrete experience,
Cyprus professional identification. Presentation by Mr. Xenios Mamas, officer Ministry of Labour.
- Mr. Carlo Scatoli representative of the European Commission DG Education and Culture,
- Mrs. Kerstin Howald Tourism Secretary representative of EFFAT,
- Mr. Philippe Dissot, representative of CEDEFOP.
13.00 Conclusions, end of the conference